Mauritius Residence

Mythic Grand Gaube - Mauritius

Mythic Grand Gaube - Picto

A Mauritian residence permit is compulsory when staying for a period exceeding 6 months. This is managed by the BOI (Board of Investment). There are several ways to obtain a residence permit:

Purchasing real estate : buying PDS labelled real estate at the cost of 500,000 USD or above, automatically provides a residence permit. It is attributed to the buyer, the spouse and descendants who are under 24 years of age. The residence permit remains valid as long as the buyer owns the property. In case of resale, the residence permit is automatically attributed to the next buyer. Our teams will provide you with assistance during your procedures with the BOI should you decide to invest at Mythic Grand Gaube.


You may obtain the permit if you are :


This concerns people aged 50 and above. The beneficiary must open a bank account in Mauritius and deposit a minimum of 40,000 USD annually.

An Investor

The initial investment must be higher than or equal to 100,000 USD and the business must generate a turnover of over 4 million rupees yearly (around €100,000).

An Independent investor

The initial investment must not be less than 35,000 USD in order to launch independent business. The revenue must be of a minimum of 600,000 rupees (around €15,000) for the first 2 years and of 1,200,000 rupees (around €30,000) as from the third year.

A Professional

The salary associated to the employment must exceed 60,000 rupees per month (around €1500) – except in the ICT sector where the salary is reduced to 30,000 rupees per month.

The Occupation Permit*is valid for 3 years after which it is renewable. After an initial period of 3 years, you may apply for permanent residence which is valid for 10 years. Similar to the residence permit that is obtained for purchasing real estate costing more than 500,000 USD, it includes the spouse and children under 24 years of age.

For more information: http://www.investmauritius.com/fr/travailler-et-vivre-à-l’île-maurice/
*Occupation Permit: Work and residence permit.